Over 130 Years in Business
Larsen Lumber has been owned and operated by the Larsen family of San Leandro since 1882 when Jens Larsen, a Danish immigrant, founded it. As BART construction began in 1968, the business moved from where San Leandro BART is today, to its current location on Washington Avenue at 143rd Street. Riders on the BART line between San Leandro and Bayfair get an overview of our 2.5 acres from the west side of the train.
The business is now run by Sam Larsen (fourth generation), son of Harry Larsen, Jr., grandson of Harry Larsen, Sr., and great-grandson of Jens Larsen.